Nightmares in Aston:Wicker Village by Michael J Moore


When a swarm of bees chases you down to your knees.

And a creepy video makes you freeze.

Do you scream, shout and holler or roll around asunder?

Juanito Hernandez did all that and more before realizing that no outside help was coming.

Nightmares in Aston: Wicker Village by Michael J Moore is a deliciously rich YA horror story. So visually rich that you are transported right there to the trailer park or is that part of the nightmare.he.he.

Spooky to the bone the book follows the adventures or should  I say the nightmares that surround Juan in wicker village, his new home.

Creeped out and wanting to run back to his old home in Seattle, he stumbles, quite literally into his new best friend Pinky.

Hoping that new found friendships keep what he thinks are his delusions away, Juan unfortunately discovers that now even his friends are plagued by the same horrors.

Amidst all the horror and nightmares in the book comes  a great story about friendship, standing up to bullies and everlasting love. Also some really great dialogues that can teach us a thing or two.

“Are you good at fighting?” Pinky asked. 

“I don’t know. I’ve never had to find out because I’m real good at something else. I think I can teach you how to be good at it too, though.” 

“O-kay—” he stretched the word out, “and what exactly is that?” 

Without hesitation, I said, “Making friends.”

Michael J Moore has a way with words, he can petrify you and then make you feel solidarity with the object of your petrification. This book has to be the funnest horror story I have read in some time (and one that did make me jump in few places too)

If you are afraid of creepy crawlies sleep with the light on after reading this or they might buzz themselves in when you are asleep.

 

So glad I got this RC, it was a spooky read. Hope you liked my fair and honest review.

Happy Reading


Comments

Popular Posts